This article is under construction and not completed yet!
The character featured in this article doesn't have a character design yet!
Black Opal resembles a giant scorpion.
Black Opal gets along well with off colored Gems. Not only because Fluorite is a member, but Fire Agate is very sympathetic towards them due to the similarities she shares with them.
- Black opal is a type of precious opal.
- It has a chemical composition of SiO2 · nH2O, a hardness of 5½ - 6, and an amorphous crystal system.
- It's named after its dark background color which can range from dark gray, dark blue, dark green, to gray-black.
- Its color comes from traces of iron oxide and carbon elements.
- Most of black opals are found in Australia, but can also be found in Ethiopia.
- All opals contain a small amount of water.
- It is the most popular variety of all opals.
- As an opal, it is the official birthstone of October.
- Opals are the national gemstone of Australia.
- Opal’s name is derived from the Indian (Sanskrit) word “úpala” meaning “valuable stone”. However, it could have also come from the Greek word “opalus” meaning “stone from several elements”.
- Metaphysically, black opals are stones of pure luck. They are an uplifting gem that magnifies other energies like intention, easing distress, depression, and hopelessness.
- Black opal helps face one's darkest fears, find truthfulness, and represent justice.
- Opals in general are stones of inspiration. They enhance creativity and imagination. Opals can also improve memory, happiness, and self-worth while dispelling confusion. Additionally called as the Eye Stone, which pleases sense of sight.