The first main story told on Ask Wyntergems. It started on the ask blog's launch date September 29th, 2016 and ran until October 3rd, 2018 making a total of thirty six entries. It told the story of Fire Agate during her daily life and answering questions as a more creative means to vent out her frustrations. As time went on, things began going wrong for her and her team and exposing buried problems the agate had tucked away.
The story discontinued after N.R. Wynter rebooted the main story. According to her, the answers from the old story are still valid.
|1||Introduction: Fire Agate||The first entry of the ask blog.
Fire Agate introduces herself and explains her reason for making the blog.
|2||Needed Personal Space||A familiar face tries being a little too affectionate with Fire Agate.||10/02/16|
|3||Not A Swordsman Without Her Swords!||Fire Agate talks about her summonable weapons.||10/08/16|
|4||Tootsie Gem||Someone sends Fire Agate a pick up line. She doesn't take it well.||10/18/16|
|5||Quite the View!||Fire Agate explains she and her team live in a forest area.||10/23/16|
|6||Resident of Earth||Vaguely mentioning how she ended up on Earth, Fire Agate expresses she hasn't gotten used to the planet yet.||10/27/16|
|7||Distress Call||In the middle of answering a question, Fire Agate receives an emergency telepathic message from Watermelon Tourmaline.||11/03/16|
The Guilt Arc
|8||Monster Friend||Fire Agate finally arrives at the Astro Gem Base. She discovers her best friend, Blue Obsidian, has turned into a corrupted monster.
This kickstarts the Guilt Arc.
|8.5||Replies: Alone With Your Thoughts||Fire Agate is trapped inside Blue Obsidian's shell. She has a panic attack as she blames herself for what happened.||11/21/16|
|Int.1||Intermission:||Red Obsidian and Fire Agate agree to take care of Blue Obsidian in turns. This is a compilation from Fire Agate's shift.||11/22/16|
|9||Earth Fashion||Trying to return to a sense of normalcy, Fire Agate continues to answer asks. She discusses about what her favorite outfits are.||11/28/16|
|10||Height Chart||Fire Agate is featured with different characters to show height difference. She expresses some familiarity with the first set of silhouettes.||11/30/16|
|11||Friendly Hugs||As Fire Agate is talking about receiving hugs, Blue Obsidian, who is cured of their corruption, comes running with open arms.||12/09/16|
|12||Fire Power||With Blue Obsidian back to normal, Fire Agate begins to relax. She talks about her unique abilities.||12/19/16|
|13||Disciplinary||The obsidians are back to their antics again and Fire Agate is quick to enact discipline.||12/22/16|
|14||Metal Art||Fire Agate uses her metal manipulating abilities to make art.||12/24/16|
|Int.2||Intermission:||Fire Agate gives out her metal art to her teammates for the holidays. Red and Blue Obsidian express their gratitude by giving her a gift.||12/27/16|
|15||Designated Gem||Fire Agate finds Blue and Red Obsidians passed out after a night of drinking.||01/01/17|
|16||The Gift||As Fire Agate is cleaning up, an anon gives her a strange pink chest.||01/03/17|
|17||Surprise!||Hearing a strange screeching sound, Fire Agate investigates to find a corrupted Red Obsidian.||01/15/17|
|18||Reflecting||Fire Agate continues to answer questions while she takes care of Red Obsidian. She initiates a lock down in an attempt to protect her teammates.||01/23/17|
|19||Her Allegiance||Fire Agate states she's no longer aligned with Homeworld while expressing her hate to the Crystal Gems.||01/29/17|
|20||Rose Thorns||Fire Agate explains why she loathes the Crystal Gems||02/09/17|
|21||The War||Fire Agate talks about the Gem War.||03/11/17|
|22||Aftermath||Fire Agate discusses what it was like to be trapped for 5,000 years and how she escaped.||05/17/17|
|23||Past Scars||Fire Agate goes into detail about how she got the bumps on her physical form.||07/07/17|
|24||Intervention||Concerned about Fire Agate's condition, Blue Obsidian and a now cured Red Obsidian approach her.||9/27/117|
|25||Revenge?||Fire Agate answers if she'd wanted to take revenge on the Crystal Gems.||12/5/17|
|26||Keeping It Weird||Fire Agate attempts to answer a rather strange ask.||1/1/18|
|27||A Friend Like You||Fire Agate discusses what she wants in a friend while indirectly stating how close she is with Blue Obsidian.||2/12/18|
|28||Earth Delights||As Fire Agate was answering an ask about Earth food, the camera starts glitching.||2/25/18|
|29||Camera Talk||Jet has fixed Fire Agate's camera and discusses about its newly repaired feature.||4/21/18|
|Fl.Round1||Ask Flash Round 1||Due to the an influx of asks, Fire Agate decides to answer multiple in one post. This makes the blog's first ask flash round.||5/8/18|
|Fl.Round2||Ask Flash Round 2||Fire Agate continues to answer miscellaneous asks in mass.||8/6/18|
|30||How We Met||Fire Agate talks about how she met each member of the Astro Gems.||8/18/18|
|31||The Truth About Rose (?)||Plenty of questioners ask Fire Agate about the truth about Rose Quartz, Pink Diamond, and their involvement in the Gem War.||10/3/18|
While not completed, N.R. Wynter revealed her intended plans for the story's ending .
- Watermelon Tourmaline would have been the last gem to intervene and point out how unhealthy Fire Agate has been. Watermelon Tourmaline would give her a bouquet of protea flowers.
- Asks will escalate Fire Agate to the point she has a breakdown. The asks would question her leadership skills and her status as an off colored Gem. She heads into her room to let out her frustrations, but breaks down into tears. Her main insecurity has always been her defectiveness and she always compared herself to normal agates or quartz gems constantly to her own. On top of that, she has major guilt about all the mistakes she’s made, especially her defeat and loss of her battalion during the gem war, and it has all piled on her. Her time on Earth has also confused her: she has lost her intended purpose and whenever she tries to replace it, it ends up backfiring in her face. Essentially, on top of everything else, she has an identity crisis.
- There’s one quote in my notes that basically goes like this “I lost so many of my troops, friends, my status, my purpose. I can’t even keep my own team safe. I try again and again, but nothing I ever do is good enough. If… if I wasn’t a defect I… everything would be okay. “
- The pink chest that was shown during the New Years ask will open and suck Fire Agate into what is the equivalent to Pearl’s mind scape in the episode A Single Pale Rose. Fire Agate sees a copy of herself, asking who she is. The copy replies “I’m not sure. I don’t know who I am these days”. The copy was meant to portray Fire Agate’s insecurities and identity crisis.
- Eventually the copy says “why don’t we try being someone else?” and runs off. After chasing her for a while, the two go through some kind of weird gate and they became two completely different gems: Carnelian and Goethite.
- Goethite and Carnelian are meant to represent Fire Agate’s past and current selves respectively (or I guess two states of mind): Goethite (who calls herself Onyx) is stuck in the past and wants to be the perfect agate, even though she never will be. Carnelian, being current Fire Agate, wants to move on from the past but figures keeping her feelings buried will do the job right.
- The two are at constant conflict with each other: Carnelian blames Goethite/Onyx for not allowing them (aka Fire Agate) to move on from the past while Goethite/Onyx blames Carnelian that she’s being reckless and always making extreme decisions and letting her emotions get out of control. It is also implied that Fire Agate wasn’t always as angry as she was and that the war and solitary confinement for 5,000 years had affected her mental stability negatively and allowing her hate and grudges to boil (I mean among everything else).
- The two eventually reconcile, talking about that they (Fire Agate) have issues they/she needs to work out. But at the same time, they agree that they/she needs to be easier on herself and allowing Fire Agate to forgive herself and start the healing process. Goethite agrees, even discarding the Onyx title. And the two become Fire Agate and her copy again.
- They have one final discussion, saying that the healing process is going to be tough, but a needed change. Protea would be seen floating around while they’re talking.
- There’s a bright flash of light and Fire Agate wakes up on the floor, wondering if it’s a dream but gets up and goes to apologize to her crew.